For Specifications, Click: Datasheet
airFiber 24 operates on new license-free 24 GHz frequencies. Anyone around the world can purchase and operate airFiber without any special permits, paperwork, or added licensing costs.
airFiber AF-24/AF-24HD provides a breakthrough in 24 GHz backhaul performance. Systems for millimeter-wave frequencies typically experience RF losses when part of the RF is lost in the switches and filters. The Ubiquiti R&D team eliminated such RF losses with separate yet integrated TX and RX antennas, so the link budget is robust and the airFiber AF-24/AF-24HD has better noise figure and higher transmit power efficiency.
Conventional wireless standards impose a latency by having to receive a packet before a packet is transmitted. airFiber can transmit data synchronously without any wait time. airFiber features traditional TDD and FDD modes of operation in addition to the proprietary Hybrid Division Duplexing (HDD) mode, which provides a breakthrough in range and spectral efficiency performance.
airFiber features a dual-independent, 2x2 MIMO, high-gain reflector antenna system. Separate yet integrated transmit (TX) and receive (RX) antennas help extend link budgets by eliminating the extra RF losses caused by the switches or duplexers required in systems with common TX/RX antennas.
Two models deliver superior speed with spectral efficiency in the worldwide, license-free, 24 GHz radio band. The standard model, AF-24, delivers up to 1.4+ Gbps throughput at a range of up to 13+ km. The heavy-duty model, AF-24HD, provides more throughput at up to 2 Gbps and increased range of up to 20+ km. It also includes a more rugged exterior with a metal reflector, to protect against nature’s harshest elements.
airFiber 24 includes Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality, which allows both power and data to be carried over a single Ethernet cable to the device (Gigabit PoE adapter included).
• Operates in New Unlicensed 24 GHz Frequency range
• Fully Integrated Design - Built-in High Gain Dual Antenna
• Built to Last Outdoors - Weather-resistant Radio
• Proprietary Radio Chipset allows operation with up-to 64 QAM modulation
• Easy Mounting with included pole mount accessories
• Low Latency - Below 1 ms for FDD mode
• Highest Throughput in The Market - up-to 1500 Mbps
• Carrier Grade Product
• Power over Ethernet (PoE) support
• Built-in GPS sync technology
• Fully Functional Radio - no additional fees for licenses, capacity upgrades, etc.